Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Schrodinger

If you've talked to me at all this past semester, chances are good you've heard one (or five) complaints about my quantum mechanics course.  Because I did not get my undergrad degree in physics, I've had to make up a few of the major courses that I missed out on.  Quantum mechanics is a widely feared topic by physics students so I was terrified going into this course having little interest in the subject and not having taken the prerequisites for the class.  It's been an interesting semester scrambling to keep up with the class conceptually and try to find where in my brain I buried my calculus and differential equations knowledge while staying on top of my regular coursework.  Many tears have been shed over this class so I can't tell you how happy I will be today at 5 when my final is over (yes, my final is on a Saturday, boo.) 

Studying for the exam I've concluded that everything we have learned has brought us to the conclusion summarized in these two figures in the book.  I thought I'd share them with you so you could join in my amusement of the subject. 



I figure if I don't know the answers on the exam, I can draw the cat and see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment