Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Monster Trucks

Last Friday night I decided to bust out the cowboy boots for a little redneck action in Ocala. I'll admit when Mike mentioned the "Thunder Slam" monster truck rally I was a little skeptical; however, my reluctance was easily swayed by the promise of funnel cakes. I mean, really, who can resist that?

The night kicked off with 3 BMX guys jumping dirt bikes over crazy distances and doing tricks in the air. Despite my terror, this was my favorite part. They also had 4 MONSTER (no really!) trucks that drove over cars like they were nothing. Pretty entertaining. Definitely pay attention to the flattened cars in the pictures! If people cheer loud enough the trucks do do-nuts at high speeds which is really quite funny. Another bit of fun from the night was counting the number of belts proclaiming the wearers favorite automobile maker.

All in all, if you don't mind a little 'twang' and a whole lot of dust then you should definitely check it out!



































2 comments: