Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Smoky Mountains

The first week of winter break was spent relaxing in the Smoky Mountains with Mike's fam.  They rented a ridiculously awesome place complete with three master suites, pool table game room, and FIVE fireplaces.  It was so great to spend time with everyone.  I, of course, failed to take many pictures but I'll share the few that we have. 

The first morning we woke up and celebrated Christmas!  We got lots of awesome goodies :)

opening my Dell mini!
The next day, we went to Ober Gatlinburg for some skiing!  The weather was awesome and we all had a great time.
the boys
Unfortunately, early in the afternoon the crowds got a little more crazy and I was hit by an out-of-control snowboarder.  I laid in the snow crying for a long time before finally struggling down the mountain.  The back pain that resulted was about the worst pain I've ever felt in my life.  The only doctor in Gatlinburg determined that the result of my problems were caused by my ribs and I probably wouldn't die. Pain meds allowed me to function somewhat but I still spent a lot of time in this position:


Luckily, we played lots of games at the house and still had lots of fun.

Our last day, we went to Ripley's Aquarium.  We'd been on our trip in 2004 and knew it was awesome.

sea horse

leaf dragon... these are so awesome
If you know me, you probably know my obsession with penguins so I was super excited to check out their new penguin habitat.  We spent a lot of time watching the crazies swimming around and loved laughing at their unique names.  They would come up to the glass and look at you- so cool!


We had such a great time in Gatlinburg and look forward to many family vacations there in the future at the newly acquired cabin!

No comments:

Post a Comment