Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Done!

After three long hours of working problems, I finished my final exam for my summer class today! (Wish I had known it would be all calculations and not the endless procedures and protocols I memorized!) Oh well, I'm done.  Yay!  I have three weeks off till starting back up again... let's hope I don't go too stir crazy. 

When I finally got home after sitting forever on an "all lanes blocked" interstate, we enjoyed an evening of really yummy food.  I was inspired by an appetizer I read on an online menu for provolone stuffed fried zucchini.  I had no clue what I was doing but I quickly decided it was one of the greatest foods ever.  We started by slicing the zucchini lengthwise as skinny as we could.  I then took provolone cheese (sliced sandwich style because that's all I had- I think you should use little cubes) and tore it up to line the zucchini.  I rolled them up and stuck a little stick through them to hold it all together.

Then I dipped each one into a mixture of beer and Bisquick and tossed them in a pan of hot oil.  I turned them frequently and eventually took the sticks out as they were staying together alright and it was hard to get to all the sides with the sticks in.  I'd never fried anything before like this so it was quite the challenging/interesting task.

When they were done, I drained off some of the grease, sprinkled them with Parmesan cheese and served them with marinara sauce.  YUM!  They were sooo tasty.  I only wish I'd made more.
Why does blogger randomly turn some of my pictures sideways?
Mike took advantage of our new grilling capabilities and grilled up some barbeque pork chops and the rest of the zucchini.  We also baked a sweet potato that we had leftover.  It was all so delicious and the perfect kickoff to my second mini summer break!
sideways dinner.  grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment