Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Busy Saturday

Today has been a productive day around our house.  Hubs promised me a trip to Pancake Pantry if I got above a 95 on my final exam (he forgot who he was dealing with apparently ;) ) so we woke up early to beat the crowds.  However, once we stepped outside I was so excited about the slightly chilly, humidity-free weather that we came back in, laced up our new shoes and went for a run instead.  I was excited to get in 6 miles fairly easily as I'm debating whether I have time to train for the Nashville Women's half marathon that's happening at the end of September.  The heat and my lack of ambition have resulted in me being really far behind in my training plan so we'll see how the next couple weeks go.

After our run, we headed to Panera for our favorite bagels and then made a stop at Lowe's to pick up supplies for a project to get ready for football season (28 days if you're keeping track!!).  I'd made a list of what we needed and we loaded up our cart with pvc pieces and orange and blue spray paint.  As usual, Jaz was intrigued and Pouncey chose his usual route of laying on whatever we do.


We painted the pieces orange and blue and assembled them to create a new ladder golf!  Our other one has seen it's share of injuries and tape so it was time for a new one.  In case you're wanting to make one of your own... the pieces necessary (I made it up- nothing official) are:
12 "elbow joints"
12 "T-joints"
12 12-inch pieces PVC (3/4 inch diameter, the thicker one)
10 26-inch pieces PVC
8 16-inch pieces PVC
We bought the 3/4 inch diameter PVC.  They had two so we opted for the sturdier choice.


After that project, I decided to make some of my Grandma's famous homemade bread to go with our leftover Maggiano's lasagna for dinner.  (If you like this place as much as I do, you have to take advantage of their new deal on their menu... you order any classic pasta dish for 12.95 to eat and then you get an entire order of any other one to take home!  Because their portions are so disgustingly huge to begin with, we brought home enough food for a few days.  Yum!)  This particular bread recipe is awesome because you make the dough, throw it in the refrigerator and bake whatever you want from it each night.  The result: amazing homemade bread every night of the week from one easy recipe.
You need this huge of a Tupperware because it will rise to fill the whole thing in the fridge!  Ours normally bursts the lid right off!
Loaf of french bread!
Recipe:
1 pkg yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
3/8 cup oil
3/8 cup sugar
1 egg, well beaten
1 tsp salt
4-4.5 cup flour
Dissolve yeast in warm water with a pinch of sugar.  Sit till foamy.  Add in remaining ingredients.  Form dough.  Store in tupperware in refrigerator.  (It recommends refrigerating overnight before first use but I sometimes forget and only do this for a few hours and it's still great!)
About an hour before baking, take out needed dough and form loaves, cinnamon buns, or rolls.  Let rise 30min-1hr.  Bake 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees. Keeps 1 week in fridge. 

After dinner we drove to a nearby lake to checkout the trails we are thinking of bike riding on tomorrow (after pancakes of course).  It was a little too dark by the time we got there but I was very excited to see a deer like 10 yards from our car!

I was pretty excited that he had antlers!

Now I'm off to eat ice cream and watch Edge of Darkness with the mister.  Crossing my fingers it's better than the last 12 movies we've rented!!

No comments:

Post a Comment