Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nashville: The Sights

Playing tourist in Nashville was lots of fun. I struggled with obsessing that we had to see EVERYTHING while we were there... I forget I'll actually be living there soon and wanting things to do!
We spent our nights on Broadway street which is the main strip in Nashville. It's a few blocks in the center of downtown with tons of honkey-tonks, bars, etc. The first night we went to a place called The Stage. They had this completely awesome live band that sounded like they should already be famous. The next night we did the obligatory Coyote Ugly visit and actually won a free CD for howling... yes, I'm serious. Later that night, we headed to a dueling piano bar which I am so excited to have nearby. I LOVE these places. It is endlessly entertaining to me to watch two amazingly talented and crazy pianists play songs everyone loves.
A few other exciting places we found downtown were the Tennessee Titans stadium (refreshing after seeing Vanderbilt's),CMT,
Union station,
and a super neat to-scale replica of the Parthenon.
This thing was HUGE!
Mike finally had to drag me away from there... I guess he grew tired of me alternating between stalking the numerous wedding parties there taking pictures and plotting how I could hug the huge, fluffy sheep dogs apparently everyone in Nashville owns. I reeeaalllyyy want one...
How cute is he!?

1 comment:

  1. this looks like super fun!! i can't wait to come visit :)
    ps lots of people in philly have these dogs too.. i wonder if its a "fad"? they are so cute but so... big!

    ReplyDelete