Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Bump Update: Weeks 37-38

How big is baby? At 38 weeks, baby is the size of a pumpkin!  The app says she's around 19-21 inches long and weighs somewhere between 6 and 9 pounds.  Mom is hoping she’s not actually 9 pounds yet.  Yikes.  It also says she might have an inch of hair by now… but we all know that’s not the case for our kid J

How am I feeling?  Pretty good!  I’ve been able to remain somewhat active which has been great for my sanity.  I’m still swimming laps a few times a week and going for walks and short trips to the gym.  All the old people at my pool are officially on baby watch which is entertaining. 
 
"hiking" at 38 weeks
Still having lots of contractions off and on but nothing consistent or progressing.  I’ve had a couple crampy mornings which get me hopeful and then I go back to feeling normal.  Lots of nerve pain and “lightning” as a result of how low she’s sitting in my pelvis but nothing unmanageable. 

Little girl is still totally crazy and keeps me entertained with my rolling belly.  I’m thinking she’s going to be an active baby…

Food aversions/cravings?  Fruit, sno cones, anything cold.  It’s dang hot in Vegas right now in case you haven’t noticed. 

Sleep:  Some nights are worse than others.  I’m just thankful I’m not a person who requires too much sleep!

Maternity clothes: Yes.  The belly is expanding at a rapid rate lately.  It’s been so crazy!

Best moments:  The last two weeks have been pretty uneventful in our house. I’ve been trying to enjoy the alone time with my Husband as I know our days as a twosome are almost over.  And I’m still SO thankful we have a pool.  It’s been the greatest. 
 
37 week bump

figured out how to lay on my stomach.... and it's heavenly

Miss anything?  Not too much.  Still just overwhelmingly thankful to be where we are right now.  I guess I could say I miss enjoying going out to dinner.  We keep making reservations with good intentions and then I’m just too full to want to go eat a meal. 

Nursery progress:  Done.  Bags are packed and everything is ready.  Everything except Hannah ;)

Thoughts on pregnancy:  I thought the first 36 weeks went by slowly but they seriously have nothing on this last month.  I’m SO grateful that I’m feeling as good as I am.  I go back and forth between wanting to savor these last couple weeks with her in my belly and being so desperate to have her here now.  I know there is no guarantee I’ll ever get to be at this stage again so I don’t want to take it for granted or wish it away too quickly. 

Looking forward to:  Meeting our baby girl!  It’s so incredible that we should have a baby in our arms in the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment