Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

A letter to my little

To my sweet little girl-
In a few days, you will enter this world.  I'm constantly imagining what it will be like to hold you in my arms for the first time and look into your eyes.  I picture your tiny body curled up in your Daddy's arms and I'm overwhelmed with emotion.  I dream of the days to come when you'll smile at us for the first time.  I imagine your first giggle and big belly laugh, your first words, and your first steps.  I truly cannot wait till the day you join our family and make us complete. 

The past 9 months have challenged me and redefined me in ways I wasn't expecting.  Worrying about you has taken over my every thought and nothing else seems to matter besides keeping you safe.  While I've been uncomfortable and scared for much of the time, I wouldn't trade any of it.  Feeling you roll and kick, hiccup and respond to our touch and our voices has been the most amazing experience.  I feel like I've learned a lot about you already (and I think we're in for a bit of a wild child) and I know, despite the struggles, I'll miss having you with me every second of the day.  At least for now I don't have to share your snuggles with anyone else. 

I'd always dreamed of having a little girl, but assumed I'd have a family of boys.  From very early on though, your Dad and I were just sure you were a girl.  Getting that ultrasound confirmation made me so excited to have a baby girl of my own.  I can't wait for mommy-daughter dates of shopping and manicures and girl-talk. I hope that one day we will be the best of friends. 

I cannot wait for you to meet your Daddy.  I think what excited me most about having a little girl was seeing him with you.  He is a truly great man.  He takes care of me and loves me so completely and I know he will be that and more to you.  I also know that I will have to be the "strict one" as he'll be wrapped around your little finger from the first moment he sees you.  He will spend his life loving you and trying to make you happy just as he has for me for the last 14 years.  I also hope with all my heart that you one day find a man as honest and caring as him.  I hope that his example inspires you to find the kind of love you deserve. 

Before you ever existed, I dreamed of you.  In some ways, I've been preparing to be your Mom since I was a high school girl in love with your Daddy and dreaming of our future together.  You were always meant to be mine, and I was always meant to be yours.  I'll spend the rest of my life wanting you to experience every wonderful thing this world has to offer and trying to protect you from every hurt.  I'm sure I'll fail many times as I learn to be your parent, but I hope you always know that I'm trying my very best for you.  You already inspire me to be a better person and I hope I make you proud to be my daughter.  I want so much for you out of life.  I want to encourage you and assure you that you can be anything you want to be.  I want to be there for you to wipe your tears in the hard times, laugh with you in the good times, and tell you how proud I am of you at every turn.  I will always, always be there for you.  I can't even begin to imagine all the fun we'll have on this journey. Thank you for making me a Mommy.  I cannot wait to meet you.  I will love you always little one. 












1 comment: