Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bump Update: Weeks 35-36

How big is baby? At 36 weeks, baby is the size of a honeydew melon.  She's around 18 inches long and, according to our growth ultrasound, she might weigh somewhere around 6.5 pounds!  She still feels enormous and super strong.  I'm pretty sure my insides are bruised somedays from her kicks.

How am I feeling?  Pretty good!  Besides the obvious fun of having a 20+ pound belly, I'm feeling pretty normal for the most part.  Rolling over/getting out of bed is a little absurd.  Tying my shoes in the evening is also quite comical.  Overall though, I think this is my favorite part of my pregnancy!  I am finally relaxed that she won't come too early and am just excited to meet this little girl!  She keeps me entertained with her giant movements and constant hiccups and it's so fun wondering what in the world she's doing in there. 
I've also noticed that I have had a few more crazy/irrational moments than normal.  The smallest and weirdest things have set me off a few times.  I'm going to go ahead and blame my hormones (and be thankful for a very understanding husband).  

Food aversions/cravings?  Fruit, sno cones, popsicles, anything cold... it's all I want to eat.  No aversions. 

Sleep: Some nights are decent, some nights I have crazy insomnia.  Either way, I still wake up to pee every couple hours. 

Maternity clothes: hah. yes.

36 weeks.  that's a big belly.

Best moments:  At my 36 week checkup, my OB decided I was measuring 4 weeks behind schedule and sent me for a growth ultrasound.  Getting to see my babe on the screen is always the best.  She ended up measuring completely perfect and they estimated her at 36 weeks and 5 days which is even a little ahead of schedule.  Her head measured over 38 weeks, so she's obviously a Kaufman.  They say the scans aren't super accurate for weight because baby is so crammed, but they estimated her to be 6 and a half pounds already!  I also got to see her practice breathing which was really cool because I've been feeling that more and more frequently.  

36 week face... a little crammed to make it out!
Miss anything?  Nope.  Trying to just soak up these final weeks with her in my belly.  I know I'll miss this part when it's over.

Nursery progress:  Everything is setup and ready.  Bassinet is in our room and carseat is installed in the new car.  Hannah got SO much stuff at our baby shower and it has all been washed and put away.

Mommy mobile has arrived and I'm loving it!


Thoughts on pregnancy:  I can't believe it's almost over (NOT that it has gone by fast because I'm pretty sure these have been the longest 36 weeks of my life).   However, watching the countdown on my phone get below 30 days and knowing that she could come anytime is super exciting.

Sometimes I feel patient and relaxed as we wait and then other times I've overwhelmed by how much I want to meet her and hold her RIGHT NOW. 

Looking forward to:  Meeting our little girl.  I really hope she doesn't make me wait too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment