Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Trip to Denver: Snowmobiling

One of our adventures in Colorado involved snowmobiling to the Continental Divide.  Only part of the group had been on board one of these before and it was definitely an adventure.  After my unsuccessful bout of jet-ski driving, I knew I'd be better off leaving the driving to Mike. 

ready to go!
The trip to the top was amazing.  The views were so gorgeous and the ride was super fun. 





When we finally made it to the top, we "accidentally" went beyond the end of the non-guided tour spot and went all the way to the top of the divide.  It was pretty incredible- mountain views 360 degrees.




I actually was forced to drive in this open area for a bit by my Husband.  Not surprisingly, I quickly managed to drive right out off the groomed snow into the super deep powder at the edge of the mountain.  He wasn't too happy when we had to get off and drag the machine back to normal ground.  I warned him! 

Overall, the experience was pretty amazing and I definitely want to return!  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment