Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I've been a bad blogger...

...if you could even classify me as one anymore! Apparently, I started grad school and promptly forgot about updating. Anyway, I am newly motivated by my blogging friends at An Overton Park Proposal and Two Eat Philly (you should definitely check them out!) and will try my hardest to post regularly! I've realized how hard it is to be away from everyone in the last couple of months and am determined to keep in better touch in the future!

This past weekend was an exciting one for us. It kicked off with my first snow day on Friday as Nashville received a pretty good covering. Mike and I and our two kitties (update on that soon!) sat by the window most of the morning in awe of the never ending white powder. It took the cats a few hours before admitting defeat in their attack on the falling flakes.

The kitties watching the snow in the window.

In spite of the snow, we managed to make it to the airport and on board our flight on time. After waiting 2 hours for deicing (ugh!) we finally made it to Denver. We spent the weekend visiting family and enjoying the mountains. Saturday started with a great run for me and my Dad (despite the lack of air Colorado is known for) and a trip to the Denver Children's Museum. This was truly an amazing place for kids. I think Lauren and Blake had a blast (as did us "big kids" in the assembly line area!). We tubed Sunday with Ryan, Milissa and Lo at Fraser hill in Winter Park. We had had an awesome time there last year and were really looking forward to repeating the experience of trying to find the fastest way down the mountain. We were not disappointed! Monday the 4 of us (Ry, Mil, Mike and I) headed out early for skiing in Copper Mountain. After readjusting to the ominous ski lifts and actually learning to do something other than snow plow from side to side, I had a great time. This is by far my new favorite ski mountain and I can't wait to go back. I have disappointingly few pictures from our weekend as maneuvering a camera out of a pocket and actually taking decent pictures is a difficult feat in ski gloves.

Blake and Grandpa reading what might be the most difficult book ever. Darn dinosaurs!

Mike and Lo in their ski bibs ready to tube.

They're such cuties!

View from the top... kinda cloudy.

Ry, Mil & I

Me and the boy

2 comments:

  1. the picture of blake and lauren looking up at the camera is SO CUTE! and i totally laughed at your comment about trying to take pictures with big gloves on.. the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that was totally going to be the name of my last post...until I said 8 months ten times. Then I changed it. Welcome back! Cross our fingers we can keep this up :)

    ReplyDelete