Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chef Mike

M surprised me with a pre-Valentine's day dinner complete with wine and appetizers. The time and effort he put into finding recipes, shopping for the ingredients, and preparing the meal would have impressed me in itself. I was so happy, I didn't care if it was good. But then I realized just how amazing each and every bite was and decided it was one of the best meals I've ever had. We had delicious appetizers of 3 cheese fondue with apples and bread for dipping and homemade bruschetta. The main course consisted of pecan crunch coated salmon with red potatoes and green beans. He offered my favorite dessert of vanilla bean cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory but I instead opted for a few spoonfuls of leftover salmon topping. It was that good.

{White wine with bread and apples for the cheese fondue}

{three cheese fondue}

{homemade bruschetta}

He made a vase of the most amazing tulips, which I adore. We also used our new china for the first time and it was a million times prettier than I'd imagined! I love it and can't wait till we can use it for a house full of guests one day!


{delish!}

He did such an awesome job... I think I'll keep him for, oh, forever. :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Back :) Your china is SO cute and I am impressed by Mike's cooking skills. I need to find me one of those (and by those I mean either a boyfriend who cooks...or a chef haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww how sweet. Love you guys. - MIL

    ReplyDelete