Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is here!

When we were debating between renting a house and an apartment, one of the negatives on my house-list was keeping up with a yard.  I hesitated today when M suggested "yard work" but, because the forecast was said 75 and sunny, I went along with it as an excuse to be outside.  Turns out, my portion of the yard work was super fun and we enjoyed a great couple of hours outside. 

My mom gave us some adorable pots (planters?) for our porch a while back that have sat empty because of the never-ending cold.  Today we hit-up Lowe's Garden Center to look for some colorful additions to our patio.  There were SO many more choices than I knew what to do with.  I quickly limited my search to plants classified as "resilient" (so we don't kill them), needing direct sun, and not-floppy petals. 





We have been struggling with the grass in the backyard due to some shady spots.  Hubs bought grass seed and had to rake up a patch to put it in.  Ellie was right there to help ;)  I assisted by taking pictures.


I potted gerbera daisies, tulips and zinnias. It reminded me of all the flowers my Mom and I would plant every spring out on our pool deck. 




We also got this little kit (the Lowe's lady promised it was easy enough for first-timers).  You dump a bunch of water in the case and the little disks grow into these little things of soil.  You put some seeds in the top and cover them up inside until they start to grow.  I think this would be really fun for kids to do.  Well... if they grow...


We also decided to grill some sausages for lunch.  Notice the GIANT hotdog buns I made out of the previously-mentioned pumpkin bread.


Had to include a picture of our super-pretty blooming trees out front!  I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment